Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8
Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8 at a glance:
* General: GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz, UMTS 1900/2100 MHz, HSDPA
* Form factor: Touchscreen bar
* Dimensions: 99 x 54 x 15 mm, 104g weight
* Display: 3" 16M-color TFT capacitive touchscreen with HVGA resolution; scratch-resistant surface
* Platform: Android OS 1.6 with custom Sony Ericsson UI
* CPU: 600Mhz processor
* Memory: 128MB internal memory, microSD card slot, 2GB card included
* Camera: 3-megapixel fixed-focus camera, geo-tagging, VGA@30fps video recording
* Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP, standard microUSB port, GPS receiver with A-GPS, digital compass, 3.5mm audio jack
* Misc: Timescape UI, Infinite button, accelerometer for screen auto rotate, FM radio with RDS, TrackID music recognition
* Battery: 1200 mAh Li-Po battery
Let’s face it, the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X10 and X10 mini are niche products – one for the high-end loving crowd and the other for those fascinated by the tiny yet powerful smartphone.
The XPERIA X8 on the other hand is aimed at the masses. The 600MHz CPU won’t break any speed records, but Sony Ericsson have optimized their custom interface to the point of giving you a smooth and consistent run – which at times does feel blazing fast.
There’s no n-enabled Wi-Fi radio or Bluetooth 3.0 support, but honestly, how many of you actually use those? Wi-Fi b/g, Bluetooth 2.1 and A-GPS along with HSDPA-enabled 3G give the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X8 all the connectivity most people will ever need.